.

.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

For my regular blog watchers, you're going to see a new addition to the blog: I'm currently on a design team for a local chipboard company. Every couple of weeks, you're going to see the projects that I've created using her chipboard & lasered wooden shapes! I hope you enjoy this feature & check out her amazing products - some of which are already available in the store!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was so excited to be asked by my friend Karen to be a part of her Design Team for Southern Ridge Trading Company. I offer a bit of a different perspective for Karen as I am a retail scrapbook owner & am able to offer her direct commentary about what my customers needs are in regards to chipboard products. 

I am an avid scrapbooker & mini album lover first, but I do dabble in making cards & other paper crafting projects. My first project for the SRTC blog is a scrapbook page, using one of the star borders (Xmas-144) & the star shapes (Xmas-141), found in the Christmas & Holidays section of the website. I also used the circular centre of the frame (FRA-118) as a "puck" full of stars from the Frames, Borders & Corners section. 








As you can see, I left most of the chipboard pieces "raw". They don't always need to be covered up & made too fancy for these wonderful pieces to look good on your projects. Personally, I love the fact that they look "distressed" already just from the laser process! Saves me a step in the "finishing" and as a busy mom, I appreciate any time saving steps LOL! I did cover the "puck" with coordinating patterned paper to pull the layout together. As a final touch, I used a pop up square to add a star to the middle of the word MOM to add some dimension to the title.

I hope you enjoyed my first project and that I gave you some different ideas on using this amazing product. I'll be back in a couple of weeks with another project to share with you! TTFN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment