.

.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and got completely spoiled as you all deserve! ;) How are you making out with your love challenges? Be sure to upload your projects as well!

I'm back today with my last Design Team project as I'm going to be taking a break from the blog for awhile. I've been with Karen since she started the Design Team so it's hard to take a step back but I'll still post as I'm able to on the Facebook page, just not on a regular basis! I've enjoyed getting to know you all and am thankful for all the comments and love on my projects that has been sent my way! It's always appreciated!!

So let's get on to the fun stuff! ;) 

My project features Karen's great piece, Forever In Our Hearts. My son's dog, McTuff, passed away a couple of years ago and I thought he'd love this piece paired with a picture of his dog on a canvas. As a bonus for me, it made a lovely gift for his Birthday as well!!


I traced out the hearts on the sides of the piece as best I could then cut them out on gold cardstock so I could make them a different colour of glitter than the rest of the piece. Then, I sprayed the chipboard piece with a permanent spray adhesive then dumped Martha Stewart dark brown Glitter all over it! Then I sprayed the gold hearts I'd cut out and dumped gold Glitter all over that. I tapped off the excess and left them to dry. I adhered the patterned paper to the canvas piece then inked the edges of the paper & the canvas. Once everything was dried, I popped up the chipboard piece with foam tape and started to decorate with flowers. 

I also used one of Karen's little wooden miniature hearts, distressed with ink, then touched up with Wink of Stella to give it that sparkle. 


Look at how beautiful that glitter shines on her piece! As much as I hate the mess of glitter, I sure do love the sparkle & shine it adds to the chipboard!



Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed my project! Thanks again for checking it out and until next time -- Cheers! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment