.

.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Does anything signify spring more than butterflies, blooms and a fairy or two? I had so much fun creating this 6x6 piece to be mounted on a canvas & displayed. 


I used a 6x6 patterned paper for the background from Prima's new line called Butterfly by Jodie Lee. Then I inked my fabulous chicken wire background chipboard piece (PAT-603) with a copper ink pad. I lined up the chicken wire over the background paper & marked where I was going to cut off some of the chipboard so that the background design could show through. I used wire snips to make clean, fast cuts. Once that was done, I adhered it to the background paper using a liquid adhesive.


Once that was done, I added more patterned paper elements, added the flowers to the corner, and glittered up this spectacular butterfly (INS-585) using the spray adhesive/ glitter technique I love to do! Just spray on the adhesive & sprinkle the chipboard with your glitter! For this piece, I combined two colours of glitter so that it looked more like real butterfly wings. To finish her off, I added some bling to her body... I love how it turned out!


I added some final bling around the fairies & on the little butterflies as accents. 



 I cut a few little banner pieces and then added a teeny sentiment and this piece is done! I sure hope you liked my spring themed piece! Be sure to join in the Challenge fun here on the blog, by clicking on the button on the page & show us what you've done with Karen's pieces for this month's challenge! We look forward to seeing your creations! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment