.

.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Easter is right around the corner already!! Spring sprung in Kamloops about a month ago, but the rest of the world is starting to catch up! However, I just left the still snowy & wintery Maritimes, and was so glad to see grass & warm temps again!

For my project this go round, I used quite a few of Karen's new releases for Easter. The title for my scrapbook page, "Happy Easter" is found here CEL-525. I had the best time "decorating" my Easter eggs CEL-540 for the bottom of the page.


For the title, I used the same technique that I used last month for the frame on the Valentine card. I sprayed the Happy Easter title with a spray adhesive, then dumped purple glitter all over it. Tapped off the excess then used a matt finishing spray to seal the glitter in.



For the eggs, I used the white distress paint to cover the chipboard. Then I used different colours of papers to add colour in the cut out sections. So much fun, and so little mess in comparison to real egg decorating. 


Once I had my colours on the backside of the chipboard pieces, I started to decorate my eggs, with bling, sequins, flower jewels. The sky is the limit with decorating these!!


Once the eggs were decorated, I started to decorate the bottom of my layout. I began by layering flowers & purple tulle behind the eggs. I fussy cut out the bunnies from the background paper and tucked the chipboard eggs behind the fussy cut parts and then built up from there. Once I had everything where I wanted it and adhered down, I pulled out the purple spritz & gave it a couple of sprays to make it look antiqued.




I hope you enjoyed looking at my project. It took a couple of days to put it all together, but I think it was worth it! Happy Easter to you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment