.

.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Well that explains A LOT! I just got an email notification that the last of the western scrapbooking wholesalers is closing effective June 13. All preorders placed with this wholesaler have been cancelled which leaves us scrambling (again!) to fill orders with other wholesalers who most likely have not ordered enough to fulfill the additional demand. Unfortunately the scrapbooking industry has been in decline for several years now and with the increasing number of store closings, decline in the Canadian dollar, increasing fuel surcharges and competition from American distributors, & online/home based stores, the brick & mortar scrapbook stores are finding it harder & harder to make their business sustainable. I am asking for your patience as I try to reorder lines that were expected & will do my best to continue to provide you with product that is affordable & arrives in a timely manner. I am doing my best in an industry that continues to shift to online markets that undercut prices so badly, retail stores have a hard time competing. I am sitting here just shaking my head - it's a sad day for the scrapbooking industry in Canada... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment